Speaking, Presentations, and Readings
Book me to speak at your event, conference, meeting, book club, school, gallery, writers’ festival, Canada 150 celebration and more. I’m an award-winning public speaker with a number of multimedia presentations prepared, including:
- How I turned my blog into a book deal
- Drake and the hip-hop authenticity loophole that made him a star
- William Lyon Mackenzie King: Understanding our longest serving/totally most kookiest prime minister
- Peter Puck and the story of Canada’s true hockey heroes
- Hobos, yodels, and the birth of country music in Canada
- Canadian pop music in the 1960s: How bad was it?
- Sir John A. MacDonald: Our first prime minister and the founder of the “Go home dad, you’re drunk” meme
- Justin Trudeau and Justin Bieber: teasing out the true value of good hair
I’m also happy to bring along my exhibit of vintage Canadian memorabilia from the 1967 Centennial celebration and beyond.
Need sweet linear notes for your new record? Looking to juice up your press release? Need a freelance writer with expertise in lifestyle, music, and culture? Hi, I can help you.
Book my Art Exhibition
I’m currently booking out the collection of original art created for Is Canada Even? It’s a series of 25 12×12 wood prints that invite the viewer to reimagine Canadian icons in ways that are relevant to their experience of our country’s history of pop culture. The series is very popular, mildly provocative, affordably priced, and totally unreal. Book it now!
Syndication and Licensing
I’m always looking to create exciting new business partnerships with Canadian brands and organizations to help you reach new audiences, scale your business, and develop your brand. So lemme take you out for a beer and a chat, k?
… And more!
Do you have other ideas? I’d love to hear them. Especially if they’re weird. Extra points if they qualify as totally unreal.